Premonition :: Sen'jin (US)

Go Back   Premonition :: Sen'jin (US) > Public > Media

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Xav's Avatar
Xav Xav is offline
Premonition Officer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,465
Lady Deathwhisper

Premonition vs Lady Deathwhisper Heroic 25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIX8grB4DjY
Highest quality DL:
http://www.filefront.com/15628991/Pr...thwhisper.mp4/

Unconventional strategy!

Music tracks:
Phoenix - Lisztomania (Alex Metric Remix)
Alphabeat - Boyfriend (Alex Metric Remix)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Xav's Avatar
Xav Xav is offline
Premonition Officer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,465
Also going to have a much higher quality version up soon, still fiddling with compression settings to get the best result on youtube without needlessly rendering overly large stuff if it gets compressed anyway. (apparently that shouldn't be done though since youtube rerenders everything no matter what so you should just render as high quality as possible and then upload it and the result will be good! afk :words: )
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Braglol Braglol is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11
Amazing music as always, also, hilarious strat, hopefully can convince my guild to let me kite ;]

Last edited by Braglol; 02-20-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Xav's Avatar
Xav Xav is offline
Premonition Officer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,465
I edited the original youtube link 3 times because I was fiddling with upload settings. There's a higher quality version now, which involved some tomfoolery to get a 1080p option which, while not true 1080p, was significantly better quality than the 720p offered before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIX8grB4DjY
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
ae0n3 ae0n3 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
What inspires your music choices? Are these just tracks you normally listen to?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Xav's Avatar
Xav Xav is offline
Premonition Officer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae0n3 View Post
What inspires your music choices? Are these just tracks you normally listen to?
Sometimes I try to match music to the mood of the fight, or graphical/element/transitional cues. Other than that I just pick stuff that I feel like hearing (or someone else if there's a good suggestion). The only thing I really try for in my selections is to not pick the very cliche heavy-beat booming Eurotrance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
siiz's Avatar
siiz siiz is offline
Premonition Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Yacht
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
The only thing I really try for in my selections is to not pick the very cliche heavy-beat booming Eurotrance.
WHAT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
ae0n3 ae0n3 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Sometimes I try to match music to the mood of the fight, or graphical/element/transitional cues. Other than that I just pick stuff that I feel like hearing (or someone else if there's a good suggestion). The only thing I really try for in my selections is to not pick the very cliche heavy-beat booming Eurotrance.
I see. You have pretty good taste. I'm always looking for new music cause I do motion graphics for a living. Got any artists off the top of your head that you want to enlighten me with?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Xav's Avatar
Xav Xav is offline
Premonition Officer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae0n3 View Post
I see. You have pretty good taste. I'm always looking for new music cause I do motion graphics for a living. Got any artists off the top of your head that you want to enlighten me with?
It really depends what you're looking for, I have broad tastes (and plenty of people don't like whatever I end up using in a video anyway!).

One of the many ways to broaden your tastes is to go to a site like allmusic.com and look up something you do like, and then look for the 'similar artists' or 'sounds like' and trying them out too. Eventually you may stumble upon something entirely different, with enough links down the chain.

Sort of like going on wikipedia journeys where you start off at a search for Deli Mustard and wind up, through links alone, looking at the page for a Panzer Tank.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Pinch's Avatar
Pinch Pinch is offline
Premonition Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Sort of like going on wikipedia journeys where you start off at a search for Deli Mustard and wind up, through links alone, looking at the page for a Panzer Tank.
Probably the greatest pastime this generation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.